I am often being asked by couples what is reportage wedding photography, so I thought I would take a moment to write down what it is.
- Reportage wedding photography is a style of wedding photography that looks to capture the events of your wedding day as they naturally unfold, with minimal intrusion and intervention.
- Reportage Wedding Photography is far more natural, spontaneous and candid – often capturing unique moments from the day that go unseen by many.
- Reportage wedding photographers do not dictate the proceedings of the day (there is nothing worse than going to a wedding and being corralled around like cattle, or made to stand around for eternal group shots).
- Reportage wedding photography is a fluid record or story of your day from start to finish, rather than a series of staged and contrived shots.
… and What it isn’t!
- Reportage wedding photography isn’t an excuse for poor photography!
- Good reportage wedding photographers don’t simply point the camera at events, but anticipate moments that are about to unfold and look to compose them on the move.